Happy Sunday guys!
Today I’ll be sharing with you my December TBR. I usually don’t make monthly tbrs because I usually just read what I’m in the mood for. But for the month of December, I have quite a few books I do plan on reading.
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo: I recently bought the duology boxed set back in November and I’m really looking forward to reading it. I’ve heard nothing but good things about it, so, I hope it lives up to my expectations.
- Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo: I keep hearing about how good Crooked Kingdom is and how it’s so much better than its prequel. So, of course I’m going to want to binge read. which is my reason for buying the boxed it (plus it was also cheaper than buying them separately).
- Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon: This one, I’m really excited for. For one, the author is Jamaican; like myself (flips hair lol). Also, I’ve read a lot of rave reviews for it. So, yea.
- The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater: I read The Raven Boys back in early November and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! Ronan is also my favourite character and the second boo in the series focuses more on him. So, I’m really excited for this one.
- Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater: What can I say? December is a binge reading kind of month.
- The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater: The last book in the The Raven Cycle and I hope I’ll really like it.
Books I’ve already read since the start of December:
1. Invisible by Jeff Erno: Guys, this book is only 14 pages long and I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!! If you haven’t read it yet, I’m telling you, you NEED to read this! Like now!! It’s also free and you can find copies of it on Goodreads and on the author’s website.
- Blurb: Chase Devereaux is a fifteen year old boy under a great deal of stress. He has to give a speech today for his Oral Communications class, and he’s terrified of public speaking. Worse yet, he’s being bullied by one of the most popular kids at school. He just has to make it through his third-hour gym class and then give his speech, and everything will be all right. The events about to transpire, however, may make this what proves to be the worst day of his life.
2. Appearances Matter by Jeff Erno: This is apart of a series called Dumb Jock and is the third in said series, there are six books in total. I have yet to read the first two. I chose to read this one first because it appealed to me more. It was a good read and I gave it 4 stars
- Blurb: Todd Hoffman, age sixteen, doesn’t have an easy life. Not only does he live with his alcoholic mother in a rundown mobile home, but he’s also a bit of a social outcast at school. He doesn’t have the nice clothing, shoes, and car the other students have. He has only one really close friend, Shannon, but even she doesn’t understand him completely. He knows he can never confide in her his deepest secret. He can’t tell anyone, not even his favorite teacher.But Todd finds a way to express his feelings when he learns about fan fiction. Being a gifted writer, Todd begins to write stories–gay stories–about another boy he’s secretly crushing on. He posts the stories on a fan fiction website.When the object of Todd’s affection one day notices him and asks him out, Todd feels like he is suddenly living a dream, that his literary fantasy is becoming real. Soon, however, he realizes that reality and fantasy are two different things, and he has to determine if Galen, the high school soccer team captain, is the boy of his dreams or just another dumb jock.
What’s on your December TBR?