I’ve been getting tagged a lot lately (feels special). Thank you to the awesome M over @ A Blog of One’s Own for nominating me, you should check out her blog.
1. Do you own an ebook reader or you exclusively read physical copies?
It’s hard to get physical copies where I live because Jamaica doesn’t have a lot of book stores. So, I mostly read on my phone using the kindle app. My mom just recently bought me an Amazon Kindle and I just can’t wait for it to get here. I do tend to buy the physical copies of books I really loved or really, really want to read though.
2. Who is your favourite author?
Danielle Steel. My parents have a million and one Danielle Steel books. One day I was going through their books and saw her book “The Promise” I was 13 at time and I just fell in love with her and reading overall. Now, whenever my parents buy me books they mostly buy Danielle Steel.
3. Is there a book you were required to read for school and enjoyed?
The Silver Sword by Ian Serraillier
I was 11 going 12 and just started high school. We were required to read 2 books in the 7th grade for literature class, one of them being The Silver Sword. I loved reading The Silver Sword, the setting interested me a lot. I honestly can’t remember what occurred in now but I do remember loving it to bits.
4. How long has your blog been online?
Since July, so it’s been like 3 months. I actually didn’t think I’d stick to it this long but I really love blogging, so I’m hoping to stick around for a long time.
5. Is there any movie that you enjoyed more than the book it was based on?
I haven’t read that many books that have been turned into movies. I usually find out that the movie is based on a book after I watch them.
6. Are you participating in any weekly memes? Which ones?
I participate in the Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday memes. Which are Musing Mondays, Teaser Tuesdays, Waiting on Wednesdays and WWW Wednesdays. I recently discovered the Diversity Spotlight Thursday meme, I want to try participating soon.
7. What was/is your favourite subject in school/your favourite class in college?
In high school my favourite subjects were Geography, Social Studies and Human and Social Biology. Now, in college I’m an Environmental Studies student so my favourite subjects are mostly in the science department, especially Life Science and Ecology.
8. Are there any books you own several copies of? Which book do you own the most copies of?
I do own both the ebook and physical copy of Simon Vs. The Homo-Sapiens Agenda and Cruel Beauty.
9. Do you prefer coffee or tea?
Both. I didn’t start drinking coffee until the 10th grade. I mostly drink it with sugar and milk but I’m definitely a voracious tea drinker.
10. If you had to get a tattoo of a quote from any book, what would it be?
I honestly have no idea! I’m not big on quote tattoos, even though I have six tattoos of my own. What I do know is, that I want to get a small book tattoo though.
11. What typically attracts you to a book first? The cover? The title? The author?
I’m a sucker for cover buys but I mostly pay attention to the blurb.
- Which Harry Potter book is your favourite?
- If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What are your current aspirations in life?
- Why do you like reading?
- Which Disney Princess are you most like?
- If you could write your own book, what would said book be about?
- Ice cream or cake?
- What book do you think is overrated?
- Do you have an auto-buy author?
- Favourite genre of music?
- Most proud of accomplishment?
Megan @ Book Slayer Reads
Melissa @ Book Nerd Momo
Sam @ One Bookish Girl
Emma @ What Emma’s Reading
Marta @ The Book Mermaid
Amy @ InkySpells
Lauren @ Wonderless Reviews
Amanda @ My Opinion Site
Ola @ Ola Reads Books
Allie @ A Literary Wanderer